Saturday 18 December 2010

Wee Black Jobs

Kate MacLaren
Kate MacLaren
Tom Stuart in his book Two Hundred Popular Flies says this fly was first tied  by  William J. Robertson in 1934 and fished for sea trout on Loch Maree. I use a smaller version and substitute a fluorescent tail for sunk line work. I have yet to try green Glo-Brite 12 on a Kate. But the colour combination of black and green works so well on my mini lures I am surprised I have not tried it before now. One for next season.
                                                                        Fluo Kate

Hook: Kamasan B160 or B175.
Thread: Black.
Tail: Golden pheasant topping or Glo-Brite 10.
Rib: Silver wire.
Body: Black seals fur.
Palmered hackle: Black cock.
Shoulder hackle: Light ginger hen.

No comments:

Post a Comment